Laggan Forest Trust
Laggan Forest Trust was founded on a partnership with the Forestry Commission Scotland in 1998, and aims to continue building and nurturing partnerships concerned with community, conservation, leisure, employment and business.
Specifically, the Trust’s aims are to:
- Safeguard local community interests
- Try to increase employment revolving around the Strathmashie Forest
- Reduce the depopulation rate and maintain all essential aspects of rural community life
- Conserve, regenerate and promote restoration of woodlands
- Promote all benefits of the woodland
Operating as a development trust, the organisation is wholly community owned and led, undertakes a range of activities in the forest, working in partnership with Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) as well as other community groups and organisations, and aspires to achieving economic sustainability through various enterprises.